Tuesday, May 5, 2009

A lifebird in the yard




While I was getting things ready for me week up at Cape May I looked out at a mango tree in the yard behind me and saw a bird fly to the top. At first I thought it was one of a few breeding mockingbirds in the area. Something looked different so I glassed the bird....Oh cool a flycatcher....now which one. Not a wood-pewee or a Phoebe. It's a Kingbird!..too dark and no white tail tip for a Eastern and no yellow for the others. It was a Gray Kingbird!!! I got my camara and walked near the back fence and started clicking away. the Kingbird than flew to a wire nearly overhaed, not great for photos but some nice looks.
This is a lifebird and ayardlist bird for me.

1 comment:

Eliana said...

Awesome!!! Good thing you had a chance to add that to your life list. We (Marc and I) saw a lot of those in Grenada while we were there in April. ;o)

Eliana.
p.s. Saw your post on the TAS site. ;o)